LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI XNET (rtexe)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys I'm trying to set up a rtexe (so it's standalone without a host pc) on a CRIO-9035 with XNET. When I run the vi on my development pc the interface leds illuminate to show I'm connected and I can read dbc files. When I create a build spec for my project on my rt target it doesn't work... what am I doing wrong?

Heres: screenshots of my project and code.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,560 Views)

Hi OA,

When I create a build spec for my project on my rt target it doesn't work... what am I doing wrong?

Several things are wrong here:

1. "it doesn't work" is no good error description…

2. Which errors do you get?

3. Did you try to debug your program?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,536 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I'm getting no errors whatsoever, I've got all the correct drivers. Tested it on the pc and it works fine but when I create and run a build spec as startup. It seems as though the interface is not communicating?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,521 Views)

Hi OA,

to start debugging your RTExe you should display the error output of the XNetRead function!

You may even log errors generated by that function…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,515 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I did as you suggested and this is the error I recived from the error cluster. As you can see I have the session in my project and the automatically generated txt file on the crio in the same directory as the startup rtexe. There must be something I'm missing but I just don't know what...

Any help would be appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,487 Views)

Ok so I tried to create the session at runtime, and now I recieve this error! Again the interface works on my development pc but not as a rtexe...

Would could be the problem?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,453 Views)

Hi OA,

does your RT target (and your rtexe) know all those settings you made in MAX (like task definitions, CAN message/signal definitions)?

Are you sure?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,422 Views)
Solution
Accepted by OA1

Hi GerdW,

I assume setting up task definitions is to do with Compact Daq and not Compact Rio as all you have in Max is the bus monitor for the specified interface, I have however solved the problem, it is a timing issue. The CAN interface must be passed to the create a session vi before the error wire from the open fpga reference. A small delay fixes the issue.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,410 Views)