cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI_Word.lvclass problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

i want to create after measurement a word report with a template. I am working with Labview2017.

With the developing version this is working fine.

But after i built a executable version of it, it was not working anymore. 

image.png

I looked why the error is appearing and solution is to put the NI_Word.lvclass to always included.

But i still get this error.

image.png

The beginning of my vi is looking like that and i don't use other vi besides the Save Report to File VI at the end.

image.png

Can someone please help me?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,473 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hansgeorg

From what I can see in your picture, you are not using any Word specific functions from the Report Generation Toolkit.  So the compiler is removing them from your code.  My suggestion is to put a Word specific VI into your code.  Word Get ActiveX References would be a good one. 

To show you what I mean by this, double click on the Append Report Text, show the block diagram and open the subVI there.  It will bring up an implementation dialog.  If you haven't used any Word specific functions, the Word implementation is not loaded, even though you have indicated that this will be a Word report.  Now go back to your main VI, drop down the Word Get ActiveX References VI and repeat the process.  You should now see a Word implementation of the Append Report Text function. 

If you don't specifically load the Word class like this, all functions implemented for word will be removed when compiled.  Always Including the class includes the code in the EXE but the implementations have been removed, resulting in the error that you see. 

Hope it makes sense.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 2 of 3
(2,449 Views)

Hi Aputman,

thank you for your answer.It helped me much.

I built a small program to test and it was working.

I hope i can implement everything in real application.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,422 Views)