Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Vision Builder, Aquire Images with Simulate Aquisation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

in VBAI 2010 is does not work.

Seems like a new feature.

But I think, you found your solution right?

Abduelkerim

Sales
NI Germany
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(726 Views)

Hi,

yes, i found a solution.

But thanks a lot for your help and answers.

Best regards,

Roman

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(721 Views)

Hi Brad,

i have one more question.

I want to copy those images instead of move them to another folder at that.

I use the LabView Version 2011 and when i change this one thing and save it, VBAI says that the LabView VI have to saved with a 2010 version. I try out that i save my VI for previous versions, but this doesn't work to.

Where is my fault?!

Besr regards,

Roman

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(717 Views)

You probably need to create a LV project and make a build spec for source distribution. Open the Context Help for the Run LabVIEW step to get details on how to build a source distribution that includes all the dependencies...This is what I did and I just sent you the generated LLB. If you're changing the code, you will need to do this too, so you can delete the LLB and the atached project/VI to start from in LV 2011. Once you build the LLB, open the main VI and Save for previous, and this should save all the dependencies for previous as well.

Hope that helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(712 Views)

Hi Brad,

thank you for your fast answer.

I look over your hints tomorrow.

I just want to show you my error message, that appears to my screen when i try to open my LabView VI in VBAI.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Roman

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(709 Views)

If you press "Ja" or Yes, VBAI will try to save the VI to the correct version of LV...when you save for previous, this allows earlier versions of LV to open the VI, but it has not been compiled for that version yet. This is what the message is about and it's asking if you want VBAI to compile the VI...pressing Yes/Ja should work without any other changes.

Hope that helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(705 Views)

Hi Brad,

meanwhile i think i'm to stupid for this.

I convert my 2011-VI into a 2010-VI, then i start a project, add the build specifications and save it as a LLB.

Do i have to add the SubVI's to the Library or the project?

On the NI-website, there is a description how to create a Library, but this doesn't work.

Can you help me one more time?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Roman Menz

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(694 Views)

One more Thing:

I try to update your version "Dynamic Read Image File", wich is already in a library.

(i want to save it as a 2010 VI)

When i want to save this, their comes up an error message.

When i use your versions, everything works.

The result of my last error message, where you said that i just have to press "YES", their comes up the next error message, i take it in the attachment.

Best regards,

Roman

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(692 Views)

So the problem is that LV does not allow VIs that are part of a lvlib to be saved for a previous version. The Vision VIs are part of an lvlib, so they fail to be saved to a previous version and this is why the VI is broken since its dependencies aren't part of the LLB you saved. Here are some options:

- Get the version of LV that VBAI requires so you can modify the VI in the right version.

- Get someone else to do this for you that has the right LV version.

- Don't use the VIs from the lvlib. One way to accomplish this is to copy the DLL call used by the Vision VIs and put it directly in your VI so you don't call the Vision VI, just the dll. This would be a major pain if you have lots of VIs using vision calls though. Since this is a very simple example, I went ahead and saved a modified version of the VI that does this to illustrate what I'm talking about. The attached VI has no dependnecies anymore, so you don't have to worry about projects or LLBs, and should be able to make your changes and save the VI for previous and this should work.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(686 Views)

Hi Brad,

the idea to do it without dependencies, maybe i had come self.

So i try out your version and you will see, it works, but with one fault. The VI doesn't cycle through the folder. He pick up the first Image and that's it.

But i think there are no other changes in the VI except that i change the move-step into a copy-step.

- Get someone else to do this for you that has the right LV version.

On my opinion i found someone. Thanks a lot, Brad!

I apologize for asking those questions, but i use LabView since last october and so my skills aren't very hugh.

Best regards,

Roman

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(679 Views)