LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Scope Trigger Mode

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to do an NI Scope capture and I'm having some difficultly. It is a capture of an I2C bus and it works with the NI Scope soft front panel (SFP) but not with my VI. With the SFP I set the Mode to SGL and the capture works. The problem is the NI Scope VIs don't have that option available in the property nodes. I am guessing that maybe that functionality is performed by the way record length and other parameters are configured but I'm not sure. Can someone point me to where the VI is to set mode to single or how to effect the same result using available VI options? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(988 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ThatGuy99

@ThatGuy99 wrote:

I am trying to do an NI Scope capture and I'm having some difficultly. It is a capture of an I2C bus and it works with the NI Scope soft front panel (SFP) but not with my VI. With the SFP I set the Mode to SGL and the capture works. The problem is the NI Scope VIs don't have that option available in the property nodes. I am guessing that maybe that functionality is performed by the way record length and other parameters are configured but I'm not sure. Can someone point me to where the VI is to set mode to single or how to effect the same result using available VI options? 

Actually making one sweep and stopping is how a scope works by default.  Auto triggering is what makes a scope seem to constantly be operating, but it is rarely good for anything but go/no-go checks

1. Configure sweep
    1. Horizontal, Vertical, Sample rate, etc.
  2. Configure the Trigger
    1. Rising Edge, falling Edge, Etc
  3. Arm the Trigger
  4. Start an acquisition
  5. When the trigger condition are met the scope will make a sweep
    1. Poll the trigger status to determine when done
  6. Transfer the waveform
    1. Fetch or Get
========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 2 of 2