LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Max: "Reserve Network Device" Missing

Hello, I'm currently trying to install NI MAX on a new account on my company's terminal server. The current account has NI MAX 17.5 and the new account has NI MAX 18.0. I was able to install NI MAX 18.0 on the new account. I'm able to see all of the expected network devices on the new account, but the option to reserve the device doesn't appear on the new account. The software on the new account will detect if I reserve/unreserve the chassis on the old account, as you can see in the two screenshots. Can anyone please help on why the ability to reserve the chassis isn't present?

The old account is running Windows Server 2008 and the new account is running Windows Server 2016 in compatibility mode for Windows 7. Could the Windows Server 2016 potentially be the issue here?

I trimmed the actual names of the devices in the screenshot for the purpose of sharing it publicly. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,632 Views)

Hi Mtpettit,

When working with chassis remotely, they need to be on the same subnet as the device (such as a computer) that they are trying to communicate with. It may be worth checking to ensure all devices are on the same subnet of the network so ensure they are all able to see each other. 

Also, a chassis can only be reserved by one computer at any one time, so only a single computer can control a chassis at once. 

This forum post also details a similar issue. It does not appear to have a solution, but it does have some more troubleshooting steps to try:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/cDAQ-9188-no-reserve-chassis-button-in-MAX/td-p/3084683?p...

Hope this helps!

Andrea W.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,604 Views)