LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 2400 battery cycling problem

Recently, I started to perform the experiment about battery cycling.

so I received battery cycling program with labview from my senior.

However it does not work well.

I don't know what is the problem.

I use keithley 2400 and labview 2018

I attached my progam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,013 Views)

When you say "it does not work well" that's not a very easy issue to troubleshoot.

Can you clarify?  Does it produce an error message or code?  Does it give bad results?  Something else?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,000 Views)

There are a bunch of issues with that program:

1) It seems who ever wrote the code modified the Keithley 2400 driver files directly.  They should have made a copy of them and made changes to the copies.  Now if you download driver from NI for the Keithley 2400 you won't be working with the same code as the program expects.  For instance there is a VI used repeatedly names "Readall (Measurements).vi" which is expected at a path like "instr.lib\Keithley  24xx\Public\Data\Low Level\" but the VI isn't part of the standard driver.

2) The use of sequence structures is hard to follow.  This should really be a state machine design.

3) Error handling in the stacked sequences is non-existent.  So if you are getting errors from the Keithley 2400 during measurements they aren't being tracked and likely cascade to the point where the program just doesn't give you menaingful data.

But as Kyle97330 pointed out, unless you tell us what problems you face we can't really help.  Is it errors, incorrect results, bad data, you might also want to describe what you are trying to achieve with the program.  I made and tested Li+ batteries for 3years, so am pretty familiar with what it looks like you are doing..but I'd hate to presume.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,961 Views)