From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

What is the lowest possible MAX (with drivers) I can have to be able to detect a cRIO with NI-RIO version 20? (and configure its IP address).

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,253 Views)

NI MAX never installs by itself.  Installation of NI RIO 20 and you will get support for the RIO hardware that RIO 20 supports.... period!

Is it possible that you are trying to use some very old RIO hardware that is no longer supported?  The driver ReadMe file lists the hardware it supports.  Did you "ReadIt?"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,244 Views)

That much I know. I just wonder whether my MAX v.19 (with cRIO/NI-RIO 18) will be able to communicate with a cRIO that has v20 of NI-RIO software on board.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,213 Views)

?????

Let's start talking about the same things. 

You have hardware. A cRIO. You have an application written in whatever language that uses a hardware driver that lets an application control that hardware.  You have another application that permits configuration of the hardware .

The simple answer is that no driver provides support for anything that had not been made first.  And, sometimes support for obsolete hardware or software development is dropped. 

That being said, I wouldn't even try to interact with a RIO targeted application built w RIO 20 with anything older but, it MIGHT work if....

Talking to the Target... yes, that should work without any trouble! The target doesn't own the driver the driver has support for the target.  Is that last clearer?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,197 Views)

Nope, we still do not talk about the same things. I have never mentioned an application in any of my posts. 

My only question was about NIs Measurement & Automation Explorer and its capabilities.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,189 Views)

You are talking about Max 19 and RIO20.

Since RIO installs into MAX, Max 19 probably would not accept a newer version of RIO drivers.

So if you want to use NI-RIO 20, you should probably have NI-MAX 20 or later already installed.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,179 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TheOtherDude

Just a follow up. My MAX 19 detected cRIO with RIO 20 without problems. I was able to access all configuration parameters and set up IP address. 

Case closed.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,120 Views)