Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX stuck at loading plugins

Hello

I have installed LV 2016, MAX worked.

Next I installed NI Serial 15.0, MAX worked 

Next I installed NI Visa 16.0,   MAX worked

At the end I installed NI Daqmx 16.0, MAX stuck at loading plugins. 

So can you help me with that. I need all those drivers.

In may 2016 I was using LV2013, and there was no problem till august. In august this trouble happened and I solved it with installing new LV2016 with all those listed drivers. Then at the end of august the trouble happened again and i solved it with deinstalation/instalation of LV2016 and all drivers. Now this trouble happened again and I can not solve it any more. 

I am fristrated with this, please help me.

Marko

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,000 Views)

Hello 

After few days I solved the trouble. I instaled NI DAQmx 9.8. I read this thread:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/NI-MAX-crashes-at-load-plugins-following-NI-MAX-update-to-14-x/td-p/...

Probably the isue is that I have 64 bit OS and 32 bit LV. Maybe there is isue with newest driveres and support???

Can anybody confirm this or there is another issue?

Best regards 

Marko

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,979 Views)

-What version(Windows 7,8,10 or any other) with bit type (32 or 64)of Windows you are using?

-Check after installing DAQmx drivers if corresponding folder is created in C:\Program Data (Check if it is hidden)

- Try changing the read/write permission to that folder and see if it is still same.

- Source: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/NI-MAX-stuck-at-load-plugins/m-p/1312107/highlight/true#M6...

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,967 Views)

Hello

I just realized that LV 2016 does not support DAQmx9.8 drivers. So It was probably working because it was not supported, but now I need VI from DAQmx 2016.
So the problem is still here.

I have installed:
- Win7 64bit
- LV 2016 32 bit
- NI Serial 15.0
- NI VISA 1600
- PC is: HP Elitebook 850

I am addministrator on this PC, so I have all permissions. But when I right click on folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments
under attributes the checkbox: Just for reading, is checked.

If I try uncheck it, I can, but if I rightclick again this checkbox is still checked. The IT department of our company says that this is not impotrant aslong I have NTFS file system. I am not sure about this, but I am in administrator group.
If I rightclick and go to security tab, there I have all permissions.

For me it is strange that it was working for some time, and now it is not working any more.

I need NI DAQmx for connecting to NI cDAQ-9184 chasis.

I appreciate any help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,892 Views)

Here is printscreen of National Instruments folder

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,891 Views)