LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI DAQmx Base Driver

I’m looking for some advice on how to create a driver for my HP PDA model hx2190b using NI DAQmx Base 2.0.  The device I’m trying to talk to is a Texas Instruments TRF7960 RFID evaluation board.  It has a USB interface.  I’m using a CFU2 USB host flash card from Ratoc Systems in my PDA.  Any examples or can you point me in the right direction to find out how to accomplish this?  I already ask TI for a driver and they said they don’t have one for the PDA running Windows Mobile 5.0.

Thank you,

Steve…..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,292 Views)
Hi Steve,

The NI-DAQmx Base driver can only be used with NI data acquisition products and cannot be tailored for use with 3rd party devices.  I think what may work best for you are the USB communication VIs that are included with the NI-VISA driver.  You could use these with the LabVIEW PDA Module, and you may even be able to use the VISA Driver Development Wizard to create a custom driver for your USB device as long as the evaluation board conforms to the USBTMC specification.  Check out the Developer Zone article here for more information.

NI-VISA Version 4.1 for PharLap/Windows 2000/CE/Vista x64/Vista x86/XP

Regards,
Andrew W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,263 Views)