From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9401 & cDAQ - Multiple Channels

I am using a LIN R701-R710 stepper motor driver to drive a single stepper motor, but I have having some issues using the NI 9401 and NI 9482 to controller my driver. The issue that I am having is using multiple lines at once to read data as well as write data via DIO of 9401, but when I place my codes into my Main Loop it appears that I am unable to control my relay or change direction. However, this works when I place each section i.e. the relay, direction, and step loops independently on an infinite loop they all work fine. I have attached my code and any help is much appreciated.

LIN R701-R710 Stepper Motor Driver:
http://www.linengineering.com/products/drivers-controllers/r701-710/

I based my program off on some of the NI posts and NI examples, but while I am able to move my motor it is unable to trigger the relay or change direction.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,644 Views)

Hi Allan,

Can you post the code that is working as well as what cDAQ chassis you are using?

Matt G.
Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,602 Views)