LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9232

I am have a PCB 111a26 pressure sensor and NI C9184 chassis along with NI 9232 DSA. I want to measure pressure from this sensor in NI -MAX using NI 9232 and internal IEPE excitation. How can I carry this out as NI 9232 is DSA which support acceleration measurements?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,787 Views)

Hi, 

I just went through the data sheet of the sensor. I think the 9232 should work well. In general in these cases, you should pay attention to the compliance voltage. The sensor`s data sheet gives you the Output Bias Voltage. Take this and add the maximum voltage your sensor would produce. This would be the maximum output (around 6.5 kPa in your case) multiplied with the sensitivity (1.45 mV/kPa). This figure is the maximum voltage the two lead cables across your sensor could produce. This should be within the "Compliance Voltage" of 9232. This figure is 22V as mentioned in the spec sheet. As long as this is true, you are good to go. 

Here is a white paper which describes this -> http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3CEFD95B14604C7386257598006C6233

LabVIEW shipping examples provide a VI for "Sound Pressure" measurements. I do not think this will work for you. You will have to make a VI from scratch, use the channel property nodes to enable AC Coupling and internal excitation. Something like this the image attached. Note I have not tested this VI. Treat it as a starting point and troubleshoot any small errors you get along the way.

-Suraj

NI India, AE

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,712 Views)