LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET Selector

Hello,

I am communicating with some ThorLabs controller using LabVIEW 2013. I have everything setup how I want it, and as of now, I have to manually wire in the different .NET containers depending which controller I want to control. What I am trying to do is have a 2 button dialog ask the user for which controller they want to connect to, and then depending on which button is pressed, connect to that controller. I am getting a "Class Conflict" error when I wire the two .NET containers into a "Select." Ideally this is how I would like it to function. Attached is a screenshot of my problem. Does anyone have any ideas for how I can choose between two .NET containers without having to manually wire them into the code?

Thanks for any help,

SM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,974 Views)

Hello,

I am communicating with multiple ThorLabs controllers using LabVIEW 2013. Currently I have to manually wire in the .NET container for the different controllers that I want to connect to. I am trying to make it such that the user is prompted to press which controller they want to connect to, and the correct .NET container will be selected. Attached is a screen shot of the error I am getting when trying to use a "Select" function. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue or have another idea for how I can achieve what I want it to do?

Thank you for any help,

SM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,003 Views)

You need to break them completely into two different case structures because the properties and methods you have wired after that are specific to the KC.... class.  Having a LabJack reference wired into those won't work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,968 Views)

Raven, I tried breaking them into 2 case structures and it didn't work. Maybe I am still doing it wrong though. Could you go into a little bit more detail about where all the wiring needs to go to?

If I wire just the LabJack into the whole system, all the properties and methods automatically populate with the correct controller. Not sure if that's what you were talking about or not?

Thanks for the help,

SM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,963 Views)