LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET Getting Stuck at Invoke Node

Hi,

I'm currently trying to run a .NET assembly and perform a change in a particular mode in a control system. When I run the program on Labview the code get's stuck at the first invoke node and won't move on no matter how long I wait. I have attached a piture showing where it get's stuck for a reference. Does anyone know why it's getting stuck and how I can overcome it?

Thanks,

Jon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,270 Views)

Please tell me you don't actually expect someone to fix your problems when the whole VI picture that you posted is blurred out.  Is it April Fool's Day already? 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,266 Views)

I thought I was blurring out parts that were unnecessary for you to know.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,262 Views)

We don't know which constructor you called, which methods you are calling, nothing...except that you are running this on an internal network, as evidenced by the 192.168.?????? ip address.  Why would you even blur out the IP address?  Every computer behind a Linksys or Netgear router has a similar ip address scheme.  No one is going to hack your machine by knowing your internal ip address.  Relax and do yourself a favor by doing us a favor and sharing the information we need to help you solve your problem. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,238 Views)

aputman,

See attached, unblurred.

I'm not worried about getting hacked, but about getting in trouble with my company. I'm new to this industry so I'm not aware of what I can share and not share.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,234 Views)

Well, with that invoke node having no parameters passed to it at all, it's likely that whatever it's trying to do is causing it to freeze because of the code inside the DLL that you're calling and has nothing to do with LabVIEW specifically.

Do you have access to any documentation or source code that would reveal what that call is supposed to do?

Best guess on what it does by the function name is that it's trying to get access to a thread running in parallel, so it could be that it's waiting for another process to signal and it's a problem with that other process.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,219 Views)

Thanks for the reply Kyle,

Those are great suggestions. I agree on your comment about it getting stuck because it's  waiting for another process before continuing to the next step of the labview code. I just got home from work so I won't be able to view the source code until Monday morning but once I do I will get back to you with what I find. 

Thanks,

Jon

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,210 Views)