From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET Exception when opening a VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I use a .NET dll in my project. This dll and my project do a good job with Labview 2013 on hundreds of machines.

Now I migrated on Windows 10 and Labview 2017 32bits. And there is something strange ; when I load (=when I open the file) a VI containing this DLL, there is allways an error of .NET that says that .NET made an exception and the DLL could not be loaded. See attached.

I thought that the DLL was the problem because it is done by small company. But now I tested with a very common DLL from Visual Studio packages : IonicZip. It makes the same error.

Has someone some idea about solving this issue?

Regards,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,714 Views)

I can't open your attachments at the moment. But a quick guess - does your assembly target .NET 3.5? Windows 10 does not come with this pre-installed unlike Windows 7 SP1 so if your require it you need to install it manually (its in the Features list and you can tick this if you are connected to the internet; otherwise use an offline installer).

Message 2 of 3
(1,641 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Walker34

Hey you were on the right way, I launched a .NET Framework Repair and it worked.

Thanks!

Link :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/repair

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,625 Views)