LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL Database Queries Extremely Slow

I am programming an application which utilizes a MySQL database.  Using the connectivity tools in Labview, I find it horribly slow to obtain results from a simple query on a small database as compared with the same query using the MySQL Command Line Client.  Is there a faster way to execute queries which will be simliar in speed to the MySQL Command Line Client?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,351 Views)

"mlenz" <x@no.email> wrote in message news:1147803009067-366031@exchange.ni.com...
I am programming an application which utilizes a MySQL database.&nbsp; Using the connectivity tools in Labview, I find it horribly slow to obtain results from a simple query on a small database as compared with the same query using the MySQL Command Line Client.&nbsp; Is there a faster way to execute queries which will be simliar in speed to the MySQL Command Line Client?

Which MySQL ODBC driver do you use? I used 3.51 and didn't notice any problems.

Regards,

Wiebe.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,333 Views)

MySQL ODBC driver version is 3.51.12.  I did a simple timing test involving a connection to the database and a simple query on a single table with only 3 records in it. 

Connection to database = 1.766 sec

Query = 2.373 sec

The same query in the MySQL command client took 0.00sec.

The poor LabView performance in this area using the connectivity toolset will render my application useless unless I can figure out how to improve it.  Looking for additional input.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,328 Views)
You could give LabSQL a try. That's what I used.

Regards,

Wiebe.
"mlenz" <x@no.email> wrote in message news:1147873211122-366427@exchange.ni.com...
MySQL ODBC driver version is 3.51.12.&nbsp; I did a simple timing test involving a connection to the database and a simple query on a single table with only 3 records in it.&nbsp;
Connection to database = 1.766 sec
Query = 2.373 sec
The same query in the MySQL command client took 0.00sec.
The poor LabView performance in this area using the connectivity toolset will render my application useless unless I can figure out how to improve it.&nbsp; Looking for additional input.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,316 Views)

What VI are you using to execute the query?  The readme file that comes with the database toolkit describes a performance issue with the DB Tools Select Data and DB Tools Fetch Recordset Data which are fixed using the components in one of the examples.  All the caveats mentioned in the readme file have been fixed in LabVIEW sometime around 7.x.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,300 Views)