From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL DSN files

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I'm trying to store data from LabVIEW in a MySQL database, I've foloved the folowing procidure (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/47A8CF66D5E3C8CC8625720A006139D6) and it all works fine. But then,  I would like to be able to put my path to my DSN in a string so that I do not have to specifie it every time I run the program. They say that you can do that in the last sentence of the tutorial, but I cant find my specific path. I did exactly as it sad in the tutorial, do anybody know how I can find thise address?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,572 Views)

Hi ollef,

you can only specify the path to your dsn file. Maybe this link helps to do what you need.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,563 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ollef

ollef,

Hello! Following that Tutorial you linked allows you to create at User DSN and according to the documents below isn't actually a file, but information stored in a registry. So, when using the DB Tools Open Connection VI you would wire a string control into the Connection Information Input of the VI with the Data Source Name of the User DSN that you created in Step 6 of the tutorial.

What Is the Difference between a System DSN, a User DSN, a File DSN, Universal Data Link (UDL), and ...
Database Source Name

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Message 3 of 3
(3,541 Views)