LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRIO toolkit and LabVIEW 2021

Solved!
Go to solution

Good evening, I am writing for some information regarding the myRIO controller. The first thing I wanted to know was if a myRIO TOOLKIT package compatible with LabVIEW 2021 will be created. If not, what is the best way to use the toolkit available for LabVIEW 2019 in LabVIEW 2021?
Finally, I was wondering if LabVIEW 2019 could work well in Windows 11, or if in that case only LabVIEW 2021 is suitable.

Thank you for the clarification!
Have a nice day and good work

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,686 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Polu11
Message 2 of 3
(2,661 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Polu11

Having written two of the "solutions" just cited by @Gaoke, I have several recommendations (based on my own practice):

1. Particularly if you are "getting started" with the myRIO, the myRIO Software Toolkit is almost a necessity.  At the present time, this means that you need to install LabVIEW 2019 (or 2019 SP1) and the myRIO Software Toolkit 2019.  This gives you access to the Express VIs that simplify getting started with myRIO, including easy access to the myRIO examples on the Web.
  2. There has not been a myRIO Toolkit 2020, and I have no expectation that this version will be released.
  3. There is some indication that NI may be releasing a myRIO Toolkit 2021 when (or shortly after) the SP1 release of LabVIEW 2021 is announced (perhaps sometime in March?).

For myself, I have been working on the software for an Instrument that has a myRIO as its inner "core".  I would love to use LabVIEW 2021:  it has fixed some "rough features" of LabVIEW 2019 that don't translate well between the "Host" (PC) and "Real-Time" (myRIO) sides of the Project.  LabVIEW Real-Time is a little "clunky", but the myRIO Toolkit provides a robust "user-friendly" LabVIEW Real-Time environment that I appreciate.

At the present time, my strong recommendation is to start with LabVIEW 2019.  I'm pretty sure that NI is aware of the need for an updated myRIO Software Toolkit, and am cautiously optimistic that one will be forthcoming, perhaps within a month.

Bob Schor 

Message 3 of 3
(2,627 Views)