From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Terminal VI to serially connect to Linux box won't login

Solved!
Go to solution

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

The shift register with the \n, \r\n, \r construction is a bit uncalled for. You might as well read the enum in the send event when it's needed. No need for the SR nor the 'termination string' value change event.

But you can use the shift register to add characters in the key down event. Don't send the characters, but add to the string. Unless it's an enter, then send the string and clear it...

Not really a satisfying solution, as it should work character by character, but it would get the job done.

The shift register with the \n, \r\n, \r construction is only for troubleshooting purposes to test out different terminations. I have determined that /r is the correct termination and removed the shift reg and event.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(686 Views)

@Viper wrote:

The shift register with the \n, \r\n, \r construction is only for troubleshooting purposes to test out different terminations. I have determined that /r is the correct termination and removed the shift reg and event.

That's pretty logical after showing the Teraterm configuration. You have there a CR configuration for both sending and receiving and that is of course the "carriage return" character, not the "new line" character. And "carraige return" is in \ notation the \r.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(678 Views)

I found the original problem of the password not working correctly. Because the password had capital letters the keypress event was adding the single press of the shift key to the password. While working on getting Ctrl+Z to work I discoverd that Crtl+z was capturing two characters. When I eliminated the cntrl press I then realized that shift was doing the same.

Message 13 of 16
(662 Views)

@Viper wrote:

I found the original problem of the password not working correctly. Because the password had capital letters the keypress event was adding the single press of the shift key to the password. While working on getting Ctrl+Z to work I discoverd that Crtl+z was capturing two characters. When I eliminated the cntrl press I then realized that shift was doing the same.

nice job!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(658 Views)

Thanks for posting the solution... One more thing left to do...

Spoiler
Accept as solution.PNG
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(644 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Viper

@Viper wrote:

I solved this problem by using the http://www.ni.com/example/28924/en/ keydown.vi as a starting point. Attached is how I handle the shift and control keys.

Message 16 of 16
(619 Views)