LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim with LabVIEW

Hi'

I am running LabVIEW 2017 and Multisim 14.1

I have followed two different tutorials regarding how LabVIEW and Multisim can work together. However, I cannot find the Multisim functions in my LabVIEW block diagram.

The Multisim icon is missing from “Control & Simulation” > “Simulation” > “External Models”. It is also missing from “Connectivity”. However, I have been able to prepare a file (.ms14) with LabVIEW-terminals, so Multisim seems to work just fine.

I assume that I am missing some LabVIEW plugin, but I do not know which one. Anyone?

Thanks in advance
Mathias

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,184 Views)

My guess is you need a newer version of Multisim or an older version of LabVIEW.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019P2xSAE

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,164 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

However, I already have the latest Multisim version (14.1) and the latest LabVIEW (2017). Hence, I can not get a newer Multisim. I am not able to downgrade to LabVIEW 2016 as I am exchanging VI’s with my students who have LW2017. Do I just have to wait for a newer Multisim version then?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,159 Views)

LW2017   LabWindows?

Perhaps an NI employee can jump in and confirm, but latest Multisim of 14.1 is certainly much older than LV 2017.  The way I read that link, Multisim sim 14.1 would be compatible with LV2014 or LV 2013.

The student's LabVIEW 2016 can read the older LV files.  You will not be able to read their files directly.  They will need to do a Save for Previous Version and back save it to LV 2014 or LV 2013.

Message 4 of 9
(3,154 Views)

The «W» in LW2017 is an upside-down M indicating a Multisim problem 😉

It seems that you are right. In my Multisim 14.1 help (Multisim>>Help>>Multisim help>>Contents tab>>Simulation >>LabVIEW Multisim Co-Simulation) clearly states that “… For LabVIEW Multisim co-simulation to function, LabVIEW 2015 or 2016 (32-bit) is required.”

I guess I will just have to wait for an update. Downgrading LabVIEW is not an option.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,142 Views)

How does an upside down "M" for multisim make sense to turn it into LW?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,135 Views)

Did you try to install an older version of LabVIEW on your machine and try to connect to MultiSIM. Just to make sure it's a version- problem.

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,125 Views)

No, I have not installed older versions of LabVIEW, and I am not very keen on doing so.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,070 Views)

But that is what you'll have to do.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,061 Views)