LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple vi's exe installer ??

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone, I created a program with 4 vi's, They are relative each other, The main vi calls other vi's in need, ( you can see the image). My question is how to build executable installer with that vi's together as a standalone executable ? Thank you.

img.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,756 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mckosen

I fix the problem, thanks anyway 🙂 

Solution is lv project manager source file selection, the main program must be in startup vi's, and the others in always included box.

img.jpg

Message 2 of 5
(2,729 Views)

Yes that works, but a better solution when possible is to use the Static VI Reference node.  This states to LabVIEW that a VI depends on another, and it will be included in the EXE so that it can be called.  It also means you don't need to add it to the always include, and you can get a reference to the VI by using its name and not the path to it on disk which I find easier to manage for everything except plugin architectures which obviously can't know all the dependencies at build since by its nature is intended to be expanded at any time. Here  is one example I made showing how to use a static VI reference.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/building-an-executable-with-vits-with-Labview-2011/m-p/2384984#M740...

Message 3 of 5
(2,702 Views)

Thanks for reply, I reviewed your post and that is true, it's better but in my opinion almost same way, I think the only difference is that I have to use static paths. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,670 Views)

@mckosen wrote:

it's better but in my opinion almost same way, I think the only difference is that I have to use static paths.

Yes, which is less scaleable, harder to manage, and more prone to issues if things ever change.  But I'm glad you found a solution.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,659 Views)