cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple plots on waveform chart with history

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am working from on an application that has twenty plots (on different scales) but the user can only view five plots at one time. The user can select which parameter to display but the problem is real time value of 'new' parameter is appended to plotted values of old/replaced parameter. I would like to plot all values of new parameter since the application started and then continue plotting the real time values without clearing the chart. Any suggestion on how to save/retrieve history data would be helpful? Should I use waveform datatype

thanks    

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,081 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nustian

Have you considered the "Plot Visablity Checkbox"?

Alternatively you can maintain the history of all in a Fixed length lossy queue holding all of the data as Waveform Datatypes.

The chart will automatically wipe out the history when the names (WF Attribute >>>NI_Channel_Name) change.

So when user select a different set, grab the history for the selected channels throw it at the Chart >>> History and then proceed to append updates.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 5
(2,073 Views)

Thanks for the reply. Visibilty checkboxes might not be suitable as the number of plots is expected to increase to 200

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,043 Views)

You could hide the visibility checkboxes on your chart, but use your own selection method to programmatically enable which plots are visible.

Message 4 of 5
(2,029 Views)

@Nustian wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Visibilty checkboxes might not be suitable as the number of plots is expected to increase to 200

Then use the other option I suggested about a lossy queue to hold the data...

Spoiler

I just delivered an app two weeks ago that used that approach...

Disclaimer:

The Lossy queue was on one of 180  cRIOs

But the rest of the game was the same.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 5
(1,994 Views)