LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple font selection for one report using report generation toolkit

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using the report generation toolkit. I would like to print a 2 line label/report.  Each line is a different font. How would I be able to do that since the only way I have noticed is that the font is only selected for the specific document. Thank you

Code examples would help.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,458 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Big_Guy

Yes, if you use the Excel Easy Table function, you can make each line a different font.  This took me about 5 minutes to code (including defining the contents of the cells).  Note that Lines 1 and 2 have different Font names (Arial and Times New Roman), sizes, and Bold setting.

Multiple Excel Fonts.png

I've told you what you need to do this.  I expect you to "do it yourself", as you will learn a lot by giving it a try (don't forget to use LabVIEW's excellent built-in "Help" for its function).  If it matters, I'm using LabVIEW 2016 and Office 2013 on Windows 10 x64.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 3
(2,435 Views)

Hey Big_Guy,

If you are wanting to adjust the format within a Word Document, use "Word Format Text.viThe Help documentation indicates that the programmer can format the entire document or a sub-section of the text specified by the "start" and "end" indexes.

This VI, and others like it, can be found in the following location on the Functions Palette: Report Generation ---> Word Specific ---> Word Advanced

Ryan B.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,399 Views)