From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple ROIs

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on the IR images received through a TCP/IP client application. Once the image is received, I need to produce the histogram of the selected area. To select the area of interest, I am using various ROI tools. Now, when I use say a line ROI tool to produce a ROI, I need to retain the ROI produced by the say, rectangle ROI tool. That is, I am using multiple ROI tools to select the various ROIs on the image and every time when I use new ROI tool, the ROI selected by the previous tool must be retained.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,127 Views)

Hello,

Here's a quick example (LV2010) of how to do it (multiple ROIs).

The idea is to catch mouse up events on the image display and for each of then see if the ROI has changed and if it has, then combine the previous ones with the new one.

Hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,122 Views)

Thank you very much for the response. But I am using LabVIEW 2009. So, if you can send me the example for the same.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,111 Views)

Sure, here it is in LV8.5

Hope it helps

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 4 of 7
(5,108 Views)

Thanks a lot. This solution is working for me.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,096 Views)

Also, if you hold down the 'Ctrl' key when drawing new ROIs, the old ones are not erased.

Randall Pursley
Message 6 of 7
(5,090 Views)

Good catch, i didn't know about that Smiley Surprised

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,087 Views)