LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard recommendation for RT?

Hello,

I bought the motherboard and the rest and created desktop PC utility USB drive. When I try to boot my computer I can see "transfering control to user program. Waiting for USB to initialize..." But it doesn't initialize. 

Can anyone tell me why? In the BIOS everything looks ok.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(1,324 Views)

Hello przemmo,

I have done some research about this problem and I am not sure why this is occurring. Here is some things that I would check. First I would make sure there is nothing wrong with your hardware by testing it compatibility. There is a link below to a KnowledgeBase about this. The other two links I have provide explain how to install Real-Time on you PC.

Using Desktop PCs as RT Targets with the LabVIEW Real-Time Module

How Can I Test My PC for Compatibility with LabVIEW Real-Time or LabWindows/CVI Real-Time for Deskto...

Converting a Desktop PC to a LabVIEW Real-Time Target

I hope this information helps you with this.

JimS.

Jim St
National Instruments
RF Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(1,296 Views)

I'm trying to remember how this got resolved last year.

We eventually got Labview RT it working on a Dell T3400 with this configuration:

1 CR457 Processor, Q6600, 2.4, 8MB, Core Duo Kentsfield, G0
1 JP208 Hard Drive, 160G, S2, 7.2K, 8M Lead Free, SGT-NH
2 KN992 Dual In-line Memory Module, 1GB800, 128X72, 8, 240, 2RX8
1 TW212 Card, Graphics, 256, NVS290, ULGA8

I seem to remember the HD has to have FAT32 partitions no larger than 80GB?

Also, make sure the USB drive is completely reformatted - the 'U3' program on Sandisk USB drives can be on a different partition.

For the network card, use the Intel Pro 100/S Network Adapter.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(1,288 Views)

I have tried all options regarding booting from USB. I tkint there is something wrong with my motherboard or BIOS installed on it. When I attach a USB and turn on the PC a message appears on the LCD "Transferring control to user program. Waiting for USB to initialize..." Yesterday it went through this step and displayed "pharbootmenu... loading file..." but the loading never ended.

Now I'm going to install new version of BIOS and will check

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,278 Views)

I have tried something different... I connected a Kingston pendrive through much longer, old USB 1.1 cable to the Front panel USB with flash drive support of the DH55HC motherboard. And I got new message:

"HDD EBIOS

Loading PHARBOOTSYS

Loading monitor ...................................................................."

and after 1 minute:

"file truncation error"

I have tried two different (but all kingston) pendrives.

When I do the same on a dell PC (precision workstation 530) it works. 

Ben- but the PC configuration doesn't influence whether the system boots from pendrive?

Message Edited by przemmo on 05-28-2010 01:05 PM
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,271 Views)

Message Edited by przemmo on 05-28-2010 03:11 PM
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,260 Views)

problem solved.I upgraded the BIOS to the newest version and when the PC shows "waiting for usb to initialize" I need to remove the pendrive and reconnect. Now I have a problem with the wd caviar blue hard drive. When i try to format the HD the Real-Time Desktop PC utility shows ERROR -1: no ata/sata drive detected. The bios detects the HD.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(1,259 Views)
Make sure the HD is setup in the BIOS as AHCI, not ATA. And you need to use a regular partition program before you run the Real-Time Desktop PC utility to make small FAT32 partitions (80GB? 120GB?, it says in the RT documents somewhere).
Message 18 of 21
(1,254 Views)

Hi everyone!

Today I run my PC RT. I've got Jim and Ben to thank for that. The configuration, as Jim specified is:

motherboard: DH55HC

processor: i3 530

hdd: WD Caviar Blue 250GB 

network adapter: Intel PRO/100s

I've installed the Real Time and run measurements on PCI-6132. Everything works fine.

Przemek

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(1,174 Views)

Hello once more 🙂

Can anyone remind me, why 1.5TB HD is not found by RT? When I connect it as a sata1 disk it exists in the bios but RT doesn't see it. The first 250GB HD works. Its size?

Best regards,

Przemmo

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,102 Views)