From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring does not start

Thanks a lot RavensFan. I chose a timeout value of 0. My benchmark when run on an embedded system at higher frequencies can be over in under a second. So, I need millisecond resolution. It does not seem to take 0.01 and defaults to 0.

Now, I have analyzed it again. Looks like I am unable to hold the value "start" in the shift register in iterations after the first iteration. I am guessing that I need to hold that value inside the while loop. With an array?? Any suggestions?

Thank you very much for your time. Really appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(437 Views)

Hi JohnDoe,

So, I need millisecond resolution. It does not seem to take 0.01 and defaults to 0.

Did you read the (extended) help for that UDP function and it's timeout input?

Do you know which values are expected as timeout?

RTFM…

Looks like I am unable to hold the value "start" in the shift register in iterations after the first iteration. I am guessing that I need to hold that value inside the while loop. With an array?? Any suggestions?

Did you understand my pseudocode given before?

Do you have problems implementing simple IF-THEN statements with LabVIEW?

(Do you even read the suggestions you already got?)

Right now your shift-register is pure non-sense. All it does is delaying ("pipelining") the comparison by one iteration…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(423 Views)