LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring and Alarming System for Blue M furnace

Hi,
You are right, the alarm is ON is in the soak period, but my problem is : soak period is only for 1 hour,, after one hour the temperature ramps down,,, so I have to set the soak period for 1 hour and then disable the alarm after that one hour,,, can you help.. please, this where I am stuck......
Thank you.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 45
(880 Views)
Hi Brian,

It sounds like you want to integrate some sort of timing functionality into this VI. I recommend you take a look at the "Elapsed Time" express VI. This is available on the functions palette under timing, and it lets you enter in an amount of time. Before this time has elapsed, it outputs a False, and after the time has elapsed, it outputs a True.

Assuming you knew that it needed to be an hour, you could enter 3600 (it is in seconds) for the value of the express VI.
Message 42 of 45
(868 Views)
Hi Sam,
I tried using the Elapsed timing block, but I am not able to get the output, Hope some thing is wrong... can you please edit my VI with the timing block and send me... can you please do this favour.Here is my VI if you cant find it....
Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 45
(853 Views)
Hi Brian,

Basically, I just put an Elapsed time and an OR into your VI, such that if the user presses the stop button or the time has elapsed, then the while loop will stop executing.

I have a recommendation for you as well.

Right now, you have the colors of the alarm such that when you wire a false to it, it is Red (bad/in alarm state) and this boolean false is also when you beep. Why don't you reverse the logic, such that when the boolean is true, the alarm's color is red and then you beep? That would seem to make the most sense.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 45
(825 Views)
Hi Sam,
I am not able to open the file you send me, I am using LabView 7.1,  can you resend me the file you did. Meanwhile I tried doing it using the Elepsed time, can you check that out.
Also thank you very much for the suggestion, what you said seems to be make more ssense. I will do the logic as you said.
I also have one more question:
In my program I want to check whether the temperature is in the soak period(certain range of temp) or not after 1 hour, if not the alarm should be enabled.
And i want to know whether we can directly save the graphs in our computer for further records.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 45
(806 Views)