Did you mean: 

Modifying old VI for LabVIEW 2015

A Gold Mine!  Thanks!

BS

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(931 Views)

@Bo-Hong wrote:

Thank you guys, I followed the tutorial video and managed to get an AI channel to produce DC voltage and control it by a slide bar. However, I failed when trying to make an AO channel to receive that DC signal. It shows error message “50412”, when the acquisition mode is N samples/continuous samples. The solution post on NI website says I can “add a DAQmx Channel Property Node in between the DAQmx Timing (Sample Clock).vi and DAQmx Start Task.vi in LabVIEW.” My understanding is that the two VIs are channel property nodes in the palette. They are not in the Block diagram. What and How do I add a DAQmx Channel Property Node in between that two VIs?

The post also says “From the Property Node select the property Ananlog Input»General Properties»Advanced»Data Transfer and Memory»Data Transfer Mechanism.” Where can I find the Ananlog Input?

thanks!

Bo-Hong  

I wonder if this is a problem from legacy devices? If that is the case I will purchase a modern device. One with same speculation does not cost much.

thanks,

Bo-Hong

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(911 Views)

To create that property node; on your block diagram; Functions>>Programming>> Application Control>> property node. Right click the property node Select Class>>DAQmx>>DAQmx Channel.  Right click on "Property" Select Property>>Analog Input»General Properties»Advanced»Data Transfer and Memory»Data Transfer Mechanism.

There is a great resource to learn DAQmx here. Skip the express vi's as they are only for very simple things. 

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(890 Views)

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(886 Views)