From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying VI without effecting the Code?

Hi 

I am Modifying a develpoed software.I studied the software,Devicenet prorcol is used for communication.I want to add Ethernet Communication on that VI.The architecture used for the develpoment is UUT.Is it possible to include Ethernet Protocol to same VI without effecting the code???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,108 Views)

I am not sure what the UUT architecture means. Since DeviceNet protocol uses CAN and it is not going to affect your Ethernet communication , you can go ahead and develop. Affecting the code really depends how you are designing the Ethernet communication and going to implement it, but you can add without affecting the original operation of the code.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,081 Views)

UUT is Unit Under Test..All the configuration of device net and CAN are developed in class(OOP Concept)..So Is it suitable if i add a class library of ethernet protocol and insert in to this VI???

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,074 Views)