cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model interface toolkit: discrete time integrator from Simulink doesn't work

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I am running simulink dll on RT target and accessing model input out put signals through model interface tool kit as shown below. All output signals updates except output signal coming from discrete time integral. I verified working of this signal by importing model dll into Veristand. I am not sure why it doesn't work in model interface tool kit. Any help is much appreciated on this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,023 Views)

Hi Omkara,

We may have seen similar behavior to this which we can narrow down if we can get more info on the behavior.

What version of LabVIEW and the toolkit you are using? 

Is the behavior that you are seeing that the VI has no output, non-sensical output, or outputs and error state?

Confirming -- you are only seeing this behavior in LabVIEW, not in VeriStand?

Thanks!

Erika
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,996 Views)

Hello Erika,

Sorry for late reply, I am using 2017 Labview and Model Interface Toolkit.  Behavior in LabView (MIT),  I am seeing is all output signals updates except output signal coming from discrete time integral.

Yes, I see this behavior (discrete time integral issue) only in Labview and not in Veristand.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,964 Views)

At this point, it might be easiest for us to see if we can replicate this on our end. Are you able to share your code (or at least your model) with us? 

I see that you have also opened up a service request, so feel free to continue working there. 

Thanks!

Erika
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,933 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author omkara2233

I got solution to this issue from NI support, thanks to Jordan Calvert.

Solution is to run shift register in between model time step as show below. This will allow discrete time integrator in simulink to take previous signal value for integration.

Message 5 of 5
(2,921 Views)