LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus address read & write ( hexadecimal numbers accept ? )

Hello all , 

i am going to communicate with Servo drive (RS485) .in servo  drive    I am getting the addresses in Hexadecimal format . Labview modbus accepts directly or i need to convert the hexadecimal numbers into decimal number and then i need to give as input ?? 

Note: i will use RS 485 to RS 232 converter to PC 

i am a beginner in MODBUS library. So attach any link for MODBUS .vi's learning tutorial too

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,657 Views)

How a number is it's visualised (hexadecimal, decimal, octal, binary) does not change it's value.

Modbus probably excepts integers. These integers have values. The same integer value can be shown as hexadecimal, decimal, octal, binary, it does not change the value.

Message 2 of 6
(3,640 Views)

Yup, the way data is displayed to the developer is just that, and the actual values on the wire can vary from the display.

If the wire is blue it is an integer, and probing it will by default show the decimal value of it.  But if you right click a constant or control to have Visible >> Radix, then you can see what the value will look like in hex, decimal, Octal, or various other modes.  These can make for some very flexible viewing modes like displaying doubles as relative time in HH:MM:SS format.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-does-subtracting-a-double-from-a-time-work/m-p/3652180#M1025894

This is just displaying the data in a different form, but the data type in this example is always a double.  If you have an integer change the display to the mode you want.  If you have a string, you can turn it into an integer with scan from string, or using the conversion palette under string.  Post more code to get better examples of what you need.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,604 Views)

Thank you Hooovahh !!

i am having multiple registers so I am going to put it in an array. For every numeric properties, i need to change that as a Hexadecimal mode 

or in an advanced mode, i need to fix as a hexadecimal mode huh 

i have attached a few images .and guide me 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,592 Views)

What guidance do you need?  Your pictures show you know how to go in and change the display to hexadecimal.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,582 Views)

@Mrtechie wrote:

i am having multiple registers so I am going to put it in an array. 

Well then you are in luck.  In an array all elements in the array share the same properties, and all elements only vary by value.  This means if you turn on the radix display (or change the Display Format) for any element, that format will be changed for all elements in the array.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,574 Views)