LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modal Browse for Folder dialog

Hello, do u anybody know how to make the windows folder dialog Modal? I found somewhere that if I wire the to one of the parameters the reference of the calling VI it will become Modal. But it is modal only with the respect to the referenced VI. The VI calling the win function is from this thread.

Thanks

Message Edited by ceties on 09-16-2009 09:08 AM
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,496 Views)

Hi ceties,

Is it possible for you to make the VI that calls the dlls  modal by clicking on its VI Properties, the resulting Browse folder pop up will be modal even wrt other VIs...

You could probably build a wrapper VI to do so.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,472 Views)
Hi NitinD, nice idea but I don't want to have the calling vi modal 😞
LV 2011, Win7
Message 3 of 8
(3,466 Views)

I'm sorry, but I can't think of any other way to accomplish this. I'll keep you posted if I find out some other way.

btw, I'm wondering why you can't do the dll call in a wrapper VI that is modal. I don't think it will affect the currently calling VI. From the calling VI's perspective, it will just call a SubVI and get a path. The wrapper VI could be shrinked to a tiny size and centered so as to preserve the aesthetics. Is there something that I'm missing?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,456 Views)
The problem is that the calling then starts to behave little strange. See attached example. Run the Main_Modal.vi click Folder and then storno. Then Quit the Main vi. For some reason it will stay modal.
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,420 Views)

You can use one of the LVWin32Util VIs to get the handle of the Windows Browse Folder dialog & pass it to that VI to bring it to front & keep it as modal.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,413 Views)
That's what I do and I am experiencing the weird behaviour
LV 2011, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,405 Views)

Has anyone figured this out yet?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8