From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing subVI

Hi,

I am working on a project in LabVIEW 2013 where in of the cases of case structure, missing SubVI icon is coming though that SUbVI exists in the project.

Now neither I am able to delete that SubVI instance nor I am able to replace it with other SubVIs. If I try to replace it with some other function, that function is placed over this SubVI instance.

I am getting this error too while saving the project.

LabVIEW Save Error code5: BD heap.

Does Anyone have idea about these issues?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,047 Views)

Hi Kriti,

I am working on a project in LabVIEW 2013 where in of the cases of case structure, missing SubVI icon is coming though that SUbVI exists in the project. Now neither I am able to delete that SubVI instance nor I am able to replace it with other SubVIs.

Get an older (but working) version of your project from your SCC system (or backup).

Problem solved…

I am getting this error too while saving the project. LabVIEW Save Error code5: BD heap.

Open that VI. Copy all the BD content and paste it into a new VI.

Then save the new VI…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,018 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I have already tried to replace it with new VI but still getting the same issue, not able to delete missing VI.

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Kriti,

I am working on a project in LabVIEW 2013 where in of the cases of case structure, missing SubVI icon is coming though that SUbVI exists in the project. Now neither I am able to delete that SubVI instance nor I am able to replace it with other SubVIs.

Get an older (but working) version of your project from your SCC system (or backup).

Problem solved…

I am getting this error too while saving the project. LabVIEW Save Error code5: BD heap.

Open that VI. Copy all the BD content and paste it into a new VI.

Then save the new VI…

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,983 Views)