LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing VI

Hi,

I recently installed LabView 2013 SP1. From the License manager, the professional development system package is activated successfully.

When I execute LabView, the first thing I noticed is that there are some sub-vi missing. For instance under the Mathematics pallete, several icons are missing and I believe those icons must come with the standard LabView software? After checking the vi path, it is confirmed that the \National Instruments\LavView\vi.lib\gmath folder is missing.

Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Kind Regards,

Kent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,756 Views)

Look at the About window and verify you actually installed Professional.  There are several palettes in the Mathematics palette that are not available in the Base and Full versions.

Otherwise, try a repair.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,746 Views)

Hi hykewi,

Try to treinstall labview. Installation of labview might get corrupted or not installed successfully. Check out the version number after installing.

Best Regards,
Dhans 😉
Kudos are welcome 😉
Aspirant Labview Programmer (Labview 14) 😉
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,681 Views)

How did you install it (download (from where?), DVD, etc.) and did you deselect any parts?

Were there any errors during the install?

Was this a clean install or did you also have other LabVIEW versions (licensed, evaluation) installed.

Is your license for 2013 or 2013 SP1?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,662 Views)

Hi,

I installed v2013 initially (via internet) and it got upgraded to SP1 at a later stage, all the settings were kept default during the installation process. 

I tried to browse through NI website and apparently there is no way I can download the sub-vi separately. 

I am now trying to uninstall it before another clean install and hopefully he problem can be resolved.

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,614 Views)

Go to "Programs and Features" (or its equivalent in Win10, "Apps and Features"), select National Instruments Software, click on "Modify".  Then choose "LabVIEW" and see if you have some components that need installing.  To facilitate this, try comparing your install to others where it isn't missing.

I agree with everyone else that it isn't really "missing" as much as it was not installed in the first place.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,602 Views)