LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method Get Image: resolution

Solved!
Go to solution

With the method Get image (Front panel, Control, ..), what is the resolution of the image? The screen resolution ?  It is possible to increase this resolution?

FP Get Image.jpg

JM

Message 1 of 5
(5,371 Views)

Hi,

Thanks to this method you can get the image data output which is a cluster containing the image depth. Default value is 8 bits.

Image Depth No Indicates the color depth, or number of supported colors, of the image: 1 (1-bit, black and white), 4 (4-bit, 16 colors), 8 (8-bit, 256 colors), or 24 (24-bit, true color). The default is 8.

"image depth—Specifies the color depth of the image, which is the number of bits to use to describe the color of each pixel in the image. Valid values include 1, 4, 8, and 24 bits per pixel. image depth affects how LabVIEW interprets the values of image and colors."

When you say resolution, what do you mean ?

Regards,

Da Helmut
Voir le profil de Maxime M. sur LinkedIn - View Maxime M.'s profile on LinkedIn
Message 2 of 5
(5,357 Views)

Hi Maxime,

It is for fine details on chart or graph.  When I add the image of some graphs in a report, the result is not as good as I would like.   If the method Get Image has the resolution of screen pixel, I have to live with that...

Jean-Marc

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,346 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author J-M

@J-M wrote:

Hi Maxime,

It is for fine details on chart or graph.  When I add the image of some graphs in a report, the result is not as good as I would like.   If the method Get Image has the resolution of screen pixel, I have to live with that...

Jean-Marc

You could create a subvi with the graph and make it very large.  Shoot your image of that and then resize it for your report externally or if the report is HTML use the size tags, whilst the raw image is stored and able to be viewed in more detail.

Just a note though, if you do this, in order to export the image, you will have to open the subvi front panel.  What I have done is insure that when the front panel is opened that it is opened off screen.

Paul
Message 4 of 5
(5,336 Views)

Thanks Paul,

I will keep in mind your method. In fact, I gave an answer to this question to tca-adam but I was wondering if I had gave a bad answer.

Jean-Marc

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,320 Views)