LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu bar background color?

I am using Menu Selection vi's and when I run the vi the menu bar appears with grey color. How is it possible to change. I am using LabView 6.1

Many thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,319 Views)
You can go to the Tools menu and select options. Select Colors and you'll see Menu Background. Click on it and pick your color. Restart LabVIEW to see you change take effect.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,318 Views)

is it possible to programmatically set the menu Text and menu Background colors?

Kudos always welcome for helpful posts 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,789 Views)

Can someone tell me how to change background color of menu bar ???

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,609 Views)

Hey guys! Long time no see...

If anyone in 2020 still want to change the color of a menu bar, there is a way: write "menubar.background=ffffff" in the LabVIEW.ini or your built application.ini.

See that "ffffff" is the color white in hexa, so just fin your color and change it.

However, if you change in LabVIEW.ini, it will change for all you environment. And if you change in your application and you built it again, it will overwrite the parameters, so you'll have to write it again.

I got the idea from other issue: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Black-menu-bar-in-LabVIEW-7-Palettes-blacked-out-also/td-p/100465?

Thank you, best regards.

Filipe.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,711 Views)

@fpalma wrote:

However, if you change in LabVIEW.ini, it will change for all you environment. And if you change in your application and you built it again, it will overwrite the parameters, so you'll have to write it again.

No, you don't.

You can make an ini file (with any name) and tell the application builder to use that ini file in your executable. See the "Advanced" tab, "Use custom configuration file". It will be automatically renamed to your executable (-.exe + .ini).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,687 Views)

Thanks wiebe@CARYA you're right! This is way more professional...

regards.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,669 Views)