Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring a temperature by thermocouple

Solved!
Go to solution

@chakib77 wrote:

You're not helping me here .. anyway thanks for reading me 

If you want help then you need to supply the information necessary to help. You have been told multiple times that we cannot debug a picture that hides most of the code. Upload the vi if you want help. Read the resources that I directed you toward.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(902 Views)

Please attach the file ending with ".vi" extension. This VI file is called a source code in programming terms, similarly, in other programming languages, a source code file in C language is stored in a file with ".c" extension and a source code file in Python language is stored in a file with ".py" extension.

This file contains all the information about how you've configured your instrumentation to read the temperature using the thermocouple, it will help us understand what you're doing and thereby guide on the right path.

Just a screenshot is insufficient as a lot of the information is hidden from plain sight.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(897 Views)

Here attached the file 

have a good day

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(889 Views)

I'm sorry I haven't read the last message maybe because of the tiredness, I always get into the forum at 1am, after finishing work 

here attched another VI

and if you want I have a video i'll edit it so that it doesn't took too much space and i'll post it

Tell me if there is anything else you wanna know

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(886 Views)

@chakib77 wrote:

Here attached the file 

have a good day

Right click on your Y-Axis and select Autoscale Y then run the program and see if that fixes the problem.

If that doesn't fix the problem then, without exiting the program or resetting anything, right click on the chart and select Data Operations>Make Current Value Default. Save the vi and upload the new version.

Also, have you verified that there are no problems with the thermocouple itself? You can do this by disconnecting your thermocouple from your DAQ and connecting it to a thermocouple reader. 

I see no immediate fundamental flaws in your program, although I still suggest reading the link that I previously sent about using DAQmx functions. You have a lot more control over the data if you use standard functions, and it's really not that hard. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(870 Views)

I've tried the first tip previously, but it doesn't work

I'm going to try the second one, but what will I upload exactly ? Here are the steps : I should go to Data Operations > Make current value default, save the VI then try again is that that you mean ? because I don't understand what should upload.

Yes I worked with many k-type thermocouples. I tried to change the channels and see if the software can detect it or not, then it works perfectly because when it is connected to the module I receive such a notification in my computer that shows that the device is connected 

Another question if you permit, should I read all the link or only the part related with DAQmx?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(857 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chakib77

@chakib77 wrote:

I've tried the first tip previously, but it doesn't work

I'm going to try the second one, but what will I upload exactly ? Here are the steps : I should go to Data Operations > Make current value default, save the VI then try again is that that you mean ? because I don't understand what should upload.

If you set default values and save the vi the data will be contained in the vi and we can see what you are getting. So once you've saved the vi with the default values set upload the same vi.

@chakib77 wrote:

Yes I worked with many k-type thermocouples. I tried to change the channels and see if the software can detect it or not, then it works perfectly because when it is connected to the module I receive such a notification in my computer that shows that the device is connected 

I think there may be a "lost in translation" error here. Are you saying that it works perfectly if you select a different channel on the card? If so then perhaps there is an issue with that channel on the card. 

@chakib77 wrote:

Another question if you permit, should I read all the link or only the part related with DAQmx?

You can skip over the DAQ Assistant section, but the rest is totally DAQmx. You don't have to pay attention to the .NET and C/C++ sections. It's really rather short so it shouldn't take you long even to read all of the sections. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(853 Views)

I think there may be a "lost in translation" error here. Are you saying that it works perfectly if you select a different channel on the card? (Yes exactly) 

Okay tomorrow I have an appointment with my supervisor and I will do what you have asked me

So thank you so much

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(838 Views)