Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring Temperature

The thing is called

PicoFull_r5_13_9.exe
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(1,431 Views)
In pt104.vi, try clicking the Function Name combo box and select pt104_labview again then click on OK. This seems to force a reload of the DLL.

I can now run the VI but I can't test it because I don't have the hardware.

Try that and let me know if that works.

David
Message 12 of 22
(1,428 Views)
Thank you very much !
It seems weird but it works.
One is never pragmatical enough !

Cheers ! FdB
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,422 Views)
My Pleasure Smiley Very Happy

Happy data logging.

David
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(1,417 Views)

Hi There

I realise this is an old thread, but I have a similar issue.

I want to use 2 x Pico TC-08 simultaneously and log the data through LabView 2010 into a single text file for analysis.

I downloaded the driver from Pico and tested both units on their own with no problems. To duplicate it, I copied and pasted the Stacked Sequence Structure. Am I missing a trick

When I Run the VI, I get a pop up telling me "The unit failed to open correctly, disconnect the USB cable, reconnected the USB cable and attempt to run the program again". Following this does not solve the problem

Any ideas how to help

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(910 Views)

Hello,

Today is 10.5,2021. But I have a problem, I hope someone can help me out.

The problem is: how to use the Labview to read the temperature through pico PT-04. I have read the relevant problems put up in the past, but my problem is not the same as theirs. I just can not find the PT-104 device in NI MAX software, which means Ni does not recognize the PT104 device. However, I can read the temperature through the Picolog  software very well. I don't know why.

Hope someone beautiful could answer my quetion.

Best wishes

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(623 Views)

As you mentioned " but my problem is not the same as theirs" - you must be creating a new thread describing your issue in detail and thereby forum members can help you.

It is not ethical to hijack an old thread or someone else thread for your purpose.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(612 Views)

To Santo,

First,  I have to say that I am new here. Given that if there are some rules in this community that I did not obey, I am sorry. But, I did not mean to "hijack". 

Second, as I said, I thought the two problems are relevant but not the same completely. This was the reason why I ask help here to get the solution.

Finally, thanks for your suggestion that creating a new thread describing my issue in detail.

Therefore, I think  "not ethical"  you used is not appropriate.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(594 Views)

Hi GZ,

@GZ250 wrote:

The problem is: how to use the Labview to read the temperature through pico PT-04. I have read the relevant problems put up in the past, but my problem is not the same as theirs. I just can not find the PT-104 device in NI MAX software, which means Ni does not recognize the PT104 device. However, I can read the temperature through the Picolog  software very well. I don't know why.

NI-MAX is used to manage hardware made by NI. Your Pico device is not made by NI, and so MAX doesn't care about it…

To read data from your Pico DAQ device you have to use the drivers provided by Pico.

They do provide drivers!? (According to the datasheet they provide a SDK on Github…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(592 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I have understood the reason why pico pt 104 was not shown in NI-MAX... Thank you very much!!!

As you mentioned, I need the SDK drivers provided by pico. Now, I have download the SDK. I want to know whether it is enough for me to create a vi document to read the temperature through the PT-104  ?  (I am a total beginner...)

Thanks for your kind reply.

Best wishes,

GZ

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(582 Views)