From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure unwanted spurious, take screenshot and transfer to PC from MXA N9020A

LabVIEW 2017 SP1 on Windows 10 PC

Agilent MXA N9020A connected to the controlling PC using GPIB to USB controller

I wish to measure a specific frequency band (see attached png), within that band I expect to see the wanted carrier and four signals at a much lower power level, however any other signals will be unwanted spurious noise. Is there a way I could run a set of measurements to check for the wanted frequencies, but also detecte any spurious? Also, I would like to take a screenshot and save this file to a local PC, can this be done?

LABOR OMNIA VINCIT
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,744 Views)

Hi jim,

@jimbobaggies wrote:

Agilent MXA N9020A

Is there a way I could run a set of measurements to check for the wanted frequencies, but also detecte any spurious? Also, I would like to take a screenshot and save this file to a local PC, can this be done?

I guess the answers to all these questions are given in the (programming) manual of your spectrum analyzer. Did you read it?

Your spectrum analyzer already detected those 5 frequencies, so probably you only need to read them from the device…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,739 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I am able to use LabVIEW to measure the wanted frequencies, it is the method required to look for the unwanted spurious and saving screenshot to a PC that I am having trouble with.

LABOR OMNIA VINCIT
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,732 Views)