LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate area of a XY graph

未命名.png

I'm building a gait evaluation program, and got stuck on this. I have a XY graph of usb6008, and need to find the area of the plotted curve. I searched the forums, but found no way of doing this. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,790 Views)

Your VI is broken (no daqmx installed here) and we don't have your instrument or data.

Can you run your VI until the xy graph contains typical data, right-click it...data operation...make current values default, place it into a new VI, save and attach that here.

Integration of an xy graph is trivial if the x-values are spaced equally, only slightly more difficult if they are arbitrarily spaced but non-descending, and more difficult if they go all over the place (e.g. if the graph forms a Lissajous figure because you need to define "inside" and "outside").

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,753 Views)

I do the project in Non-intrusive load monitoring.V-I trajectory need to show area of XY graph. image.pngHair dryer.png

The XY graph charge by different item.

I hope can find out the area of XY graph to find out connect which item

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,623 Views)

We cannot operate on pictures. Did you understand my earlier request for data?

Also, can you point out the area you want to measure (area under the curve? area enclosed by the curve?) top or bottom graph?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,602 Views)

the data is not stable. I want to measure area enclosed by the curve. Both graph I want to measure area. The X graph is the data of current. The Y graph is the data of voltage. A real time supervisory control graphics system based on USB6008.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,568 Views)

Your graphs still don't have any default data. A free label is not suitable for data.

I said:

"Can you run your VI until the xy graph contains typical data, right-click it...data operation...make current values default, place it into a new VI, save and attach that here."

Looking at the data in the free label, it contains many, many cycles and it is not clear at all what you would consider "area".

Do you want N areas, one for each cycle?

altenbach_0-1582646513602.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,551 Views)