Measure Time?

Solved!
Go to solution

How do you do that?

I am pretty new to labview (1 month)

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28
(1,085 Views)

You can run the vi and get data then right click on the graph and go to the Data Operations selection in the drop down and then make current value default and save it.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 28
(1,067 Views)

Tim

The attached VI is something you can run (without PID)

I had someone help me out with measuring the time when White Plot is greater than Red Plot.

Now, how to measure and store the intersect values in Build Table when White Plot meets the Red Plot and measure the time between that?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 28
(1,060 Views)

Will the red plot be changing all of the time or is it fixed after a while or always fixed?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28
(1,053 Views)

Also is the red siganl noisy? That will affect how we do this too.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 28
(1,052 Views)

Will you be post processing the data or trying to run and take data?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28
(1,048 Views)

What time resolution are you looking to achieve? That we be very dependat on your sampling rate.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 28
(1,042 Views)

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28
(1,038 Views)

Tim

You manually have to play with the White or Red slider. Well, it would make sense why i want to measure the intersect values since i am manually playing with the sliders.

Since, you dont have the PID toolkit i just wanted you to see if you can come up with just storing the values when White plot meets the red plot twice and measure the time while white > Red.

I am not worrying about resolution, noise, rate.

I just want to create a Build Table VI with all the intercept values and time values.

Run the VI and manually change the slider positions of both the white, red plot to observe the situation

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28
(1,035 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author weeke

I think this does most of what you want with the operation that you provided. Let me know if I missed anything.

I would not store your up and down numbers as a string. They are very slow and you have to convert them to do that so I changes that in your exaple.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28
(1,032 Views)