From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure Time?

Solved!
Go to solution

How can i measure time my boolean LED stays On.

Attached is the VI

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(3,336 Views)

I think that i would do it this way.

Tim
GHSP
Message 2 of 28
(3,328 Views)

Tim

Thank you very much. This is something i wanted.

Secondly, i want to ask you a question regarding the same VI

I hope you have the PID toolkit and you are able to run the VI.

In simple words, if you change the value of 0 to 1 for lower limit in "In range and coerce VI", you will observe a different green waveform.

What i want is that i should be able to get both functions without changing the numbers for 0 to 1.

This is certainly the best way i can explain my situation

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(3,314 Views)

Do you mean that you want the same answer no matter if the value is 1 or zero? I am not sure exactly what you are asking for.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
(3,308 Views)

Tim

If you run the VI with '0' value, the green will jump only if white > red and stays with white line until green has reached maximum value 1 .

IF the vi continues, the green shoud not stay with white until white < red.

Please dont bother changing the value to 1 if you can figure out the above statement.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
(3,301 Views)

Well what I would assume is the problem is the in range function you are not including 1 in the upper limit. See if you right click on the in range function and include the upper limit of 1 if that helps.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28
(3,295 Views)

Yeah i have tried that before it doesnot seam to solve what i am looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(3,292 Views)

I do not have the PID tool kit so I can not run your vi. I had to make my own. I work in the automotive industry and we do not get all the bells and whistles. I have had to generate my own code for a lot of things there are tool kits for.

I am sorry that I can not help much more since I do not have the PID toolkit and I do not understand what you are looking for without it.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(3,290 Views)

Tim

Is there any way i could know the intercept values for my plots, for example, when my White plot intersects the Red plot, it should read both values, store only those 2 values and measure the time between them

By the way i am also from the automotive company.

I usually download the evaluation version of the toolkit i need and if i need it further i just reinstall it

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28
(3,276 Views)

Do you have data that I could look at? I would be happy to help with the data and analysis. Just save what you have in a graph and make it the default data and I will see what I can do for you.

What company do you work for?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28
(3,271 Views)