From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab script and myrio

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am controlling my physical robot through labview and my rio. I also have a matlab code (m.file) that the uses the robotics toolbox in Matlab. I would like to add this m.file to my labview program. Can I create a matlab script in the labview program and put the matlab code inside, and deploy the code to myrio? Will it work in this case? 

As far as I know, script nodes invoke the MATLAB software script server to execute scripts written in the MATLAB language syntax. But I am not sure about adding my rio to the loop.

Message 1 of 6
(4,814 Views)
You can't do this with a RIO. How complex is the MATLAB code?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,784 Views)

Thanks for responding Mike.

The code I am using is typically provided here: http://www.mathworks.com/help/robotics/examples/path-following-for-a-differential-drive-robot.html

It is not complicated, but it uses already built in functions from Matlab Robotics toolbox.

Is there any way around?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,759 Views)

I believe the only way would be to use the LabVIEW MathScript RT Module:

http://www.ni.com/labview/mathscript/

Message 4 of 6
(4,733 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cowboy12

Thanks for the reply.

I have also later get to know that it can be done by establishing a wifi communication between Matlab and myrio.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,648 Views)

Hi,

I'm trying to run matlab script nodes on Labview myRIO too. Can you explain further how this can be achieved by establishing a wifi communication between Matlab and myRIO? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,680 Views)