cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Math background behind Averaged DC-RMS VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I would like to ask a question about theory behind Averaged DC-RMS VI. I think that the lack of education is holding me back with understanding of Help page and it is kind of a pain. Google didnt help. Is there some open resource where I can educate myself?

Averaging type / time, what is "DC Value", exp. time constant and so on...

Thank you 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,128 Views)

Hi Ferchele,

@Ferchele wrote:

I think that the lack of education is holding me back with understanding of Help page 

Is there some open resource where I can educate myself?

Go to the next library and get a book on Signal analysis…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,114 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ferchele

The nice thing is that you can double-click the function and it's all plain, non-passworded LabVIEW under the hood. Just follow the wires! 😄

Message 3 of 4
(1,087 Views)

Hi GerdW, 

thanks for your response. I have tried several books but the closest phrase is exponential weighted moving average. I was surprised that RMS is not discussed on every other page... Do you have any particular book to recommend? 

Hi Altenbach,

thanks for your response also! It was enjoyable reverse engineering 🙂 Now I can say, I am more familiar with the VI and also Help page make sense now. I have to admit, I am not sure, if I am able to realise all the relations between signal processing and algorythm / math. I would still like to read some general wisdom.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,020 Views)