LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match pattern string

I have aattached VI. trying to make a basic calculator. (staretd making it, first I want to get correct string from user.)

When user enter decimal(.), it should not be able to enter decimal again.

I have made code in which a string match pattern is used to check if decimal is already present. if present then do not add it otherwise add it.

Although whenever I press decimal, match pattern always return true. Don't know why?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,286 Views)
Why are you using a string for a numeric entry? That just seems like a Rube Goldberg.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,276 Views)
Never mind. I see you want to use a keypad for numeric entry.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,258 Views)

I want to make a calculator as in windows. for learning purpose

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,241 Views)
  • The terminals of latch action buttons belong inside their respective event cases.
  • The string belongs into a shift register. No need for local variables
  • The character "." has a special meaning. You need to escape it. See the help. Use "\." as search term instead, then append "." to the string if needed.
  • You can delete the timeout case.
  • There is no event for the "2" button.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,212 Views)

I cannot use string roll over. Since I am making a calculator as in windows 10. Right now I am making standard version of calc as on windows(Alt+1 press on window calc to open standard version)

If I keep on entering string as such, then it can enter can alphabet A-z,0-9. 

In attached VI, currently I have made a part where user can enter string upto 16 places (as in window calc)

Now problem is string eneterd in my VI can be any for example: +0.968, +098.8, -9.89

Now I have to display 0.968,+98.8,-9.89 for above strings.

1. How to do that?

2. Currently I can enter numbers by clicking on VI butons only. How can I enter them by pressing button on keyboard also?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,117 Views)

You can use the Key Down event with a case structure:

Key Down.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,099 Views)