LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match pattern bug

Thank you for your response. I don't get the option of default saving. I do it as save as and then i uploaded it. Here with I send a snap shot on how it should be on input control and how it should be on ouput. 

With regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(1,026 Views)

If you want people to help you troubleshoot, then you need to provide them a VI they can troubleshoot.

That means putting data into the controls, making that data the DEFAULT DATA (Edit menu, Make current values default), then saving the vi.  That way when we open the VI from the forums, there is data in the controls we can work with.  If you just save your VI without putting data in the controls and making it the default, the VI opens up with empty controls.  Then we don't have any of your data we can work with.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,016 Views)

You have a race condition in your VI because you are using a local variable of "if the same string".  The local variable probably gets read before you write data to it.

Use a wire.

Why are you comparing the result of the regular expression to the output from the Match Pattern?  They will never match because you had to add the backslash escape character to the regex in order to get the data you were looking for.

This VI works just fine for me when I fix all the problems.

Message 13 of 22
(1,013 Views)

Thank you. I tried with wiring too, it does not work. As I wrote already it works without the left bracket. It does not work only with the bracket. Here with I upload with default values. 

With regards

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(1,000 Views)

Thank you. Got the point. 

With regards

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(993 Views)

John4u a écrit :

Thank you. I tried with wiring too, it does not work. As I wrote already it works without the left bracket. It does not work only with the bracket. Here with I upload with default values. 

With regards

It doesn't work because you're comparing the matched pattern with the regular expression. "\[Step" will match  "[Step" so it will never be equal to  "[Step".

Ben64 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(975 Views)

here's what I would do. Simplify!

Message 17 of 22
(974 Views)

Hai, I would like to make an increment within the case structure which is within  a for loop. I wan to make the incrementation of the step as [step000], [step001],[step002] and so on. 

In this vi I am giving an input array where ever "0" appears in the input array I take it as True. If non zero then it is False. 

The problem is that how to increment consistenlty in labview within a case structure where one does not have a iteration "i" option.  Here are my VI's. It would be nice if any one could give a solution.  I had tried tow ways. 

With regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(941 Views)

You should use Altenbach vi to start with. Here is how I would do it.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(932 Views)

Hello Thank you for your response. I am not able to opent it as I am using a lower version. Can you save it lower version. I am using LabVIEW 2012. 

Thank you. 

With regards

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(929 Views)