LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marquee Progress Bar in LabVIEW

Hi Thoric,

This was reported to R&D (#109450) for further investigation.  I added your workaround to the CAR information.

Best Regards,

Bryan H.
Message 31 of 42
(3,434 Views)
Great, thanks Bryan.
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 42
(3,411 Views)

Hi all.  Nice work.

Does anyone know how to get the .NET progress bar to work in a For loop?

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 42
(3,103 Views)

I don't mean with the marquee.  I mean with the Value progress.

I tried combining the .NET progress with Darren's nugget progress (attached).

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 42
(3,102 Views)

Hi battler,

I wonder if your attachment is missing the subvi in the for loop? Or is it somewhere else on these forums? (I don't have it on my system)

Message 35 of 42
(3,085 Views)

battler,

I've found that missing subvi by reading your message more carefully!

I modified it to use a .NET progress bar in a .NET container. It initialises the .NET control upon first requirement, then closes it on the last iteration.

It needs a little bit of work still to get to look quite right (for some reason it ends before it reaches 100% full, but I think it might be to do with update rates running a little slow).

Use it in your loop (in place of Darren's subvi).

I created it in LV2009 and exported it for LV8.0, but not tested the 8.0 version.

Good luck!

Message 36 of 42
(3,075 Views)

Thanks very much Thoric.

I looked into why the bar was never reaching 100%.  It does appear to be an update delay.

To fix this (not the best solution) I added a delay before the VI terminates to allow the progress bar to reach 100%.  It works.

A question: Will this NET instance of the progress bar be compatible with any operating system (once I deploy as exe?  Will the end user need to have the latest NET framework or anything like this?

Cheers,

Battler.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 42
(3,046 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 42
(3,043 Views)

battler. wrote:

Thanks very much Thoric.

I looked into why the bar was never reaching 100%.  It does appear to be an update delay.

To fix this (not the best solution) I added a delay before the VI terminates to allow the progress bar to reach 100%.  It works.

A question: Will this NET instance of the progress bar be compatible with any operating system (once I deploy as exe?  Will the end user need to have the latest NET framework or anything like this?

Cheers,

Battler.

Nice work on the delay.

I think this .NET instance is .NET 2.0, so the user will need at least that revision on their PC. If it is not present, I think a whole world of hurt can open up (error messages at launch regarding an inexecutable vi). Best to test this, rather than take my word for it ! Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 42
(3,013 Views)

Hello Everybody,

I used the latest example of marquee for For-loops and it works nice only once! After calling it for a second time, the marquee window pops up but the marquee is from the beginning and stay at 100%, no matter of the for-loop iteration until last for loop iteration has been acheved, then the marquee window closes normaly. What should i do in order to get the marquee bar growing even after the second call of it?

First call - everytrhing works fine:

marquee1.jpg

Second call - Marquee is 100% from the beginnng until the end:

marquee2.jpg

Source - how i call it:

marquee3.jpg

Hope somebody can halp,

Thank you

Sacha

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 42
(1,741 Views)