LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malleable VI VIM input propagation

Solved!
Go to solution

Actually accepted the solution too quickly because the best solution actually comes from mcduff where i can at least use the same 2 outputs with only the top input wired.

2018-10-11_22-03-45.jpg

LabVIEW 2018 needed to view llb. The save top previous doesn't seem to work with the specialization structure.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(1,312 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

BTW, one last thing. AFAIK, that "trusted enthusiast" is fixed by the forum. Didn't pick it myself.

I know 😉

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

For me, this one applies (to me, just to be sure) really well: arguing with an engineer...

I love mud! 😉

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Cheers. If we ever met, I'll buy you a beer (drink it myself if you don't want it Smiley Very Happy).

I will buy the second and third rounds 😉

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

As for the language nuances, guess you're right. English isn't my first language, so I didn't realize that. Not sure if I can prevent that in the future, nuances take a long time to sink in.

And of course the devil is always in the details 😉

P.S. I will do some introspection...i am not supposed to blow that hard for so little...or am I !? Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 22
(1,308 Views)

I wink too much also Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,306 Views)

@jacemdom wrote:

LabVIEW 2018 needed to view llb. The save top previous doesn't seem to work with the specialization structure.

So earlier that type specialization structure got converted to a disable structure? That explains a bit Smiley Very Happy.

2017 has those TSS, but there are hidden and discouraged. So that's probably why they are disabled for save to previous.

Then again, if I replace the disable structure with a type specialization structure, I can wire two different types to the .vim. Not sure if that's desired behavior? EDIT (Again): that's why I though the select would be needed, to force two matching input types. Doesn't work well, as the input will retain it's type when nothing is wired.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(1,301 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@jacemdom specialization structure got converted to a disable structure? That explains a bit Smiley Very Happy.

Reality is a messy business Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL

That's why i never hold grudges Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(1,294 Views)

So, we now are learning more about the pallates. And playing nice.

Let me chime in with an idea... I can be wrong and do not have LabVIEW loaded on my droid to check it out.

I haven't spent any time on the 2018 new enforce data type vis.  Inside a TSS they might offer some powerful insights ... are they open or locked?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(1,276 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

I haven't spent any time on the 2018 new enforce data type vis.  Inside a TSS they might offer some powerful insights ... are they open or locked?

Sorry Jeff, still in 17SP1...

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(1,258 Views)

The VIMs on the Assert type palette are all unlocked but there isn't much to learn from them as they are pretty basic. The most interesting thing I saw there is this :

2018-10-15_16-57-27.jpg

The use of 2 type assert nodes to always breakup the code. Nice trick but a simple always break node would probably be faster, quicker and clearer.

Message 18 of 22
(1,253 Views)

@jacemdom The use of 2 type assert nodes to always breakup the code. Nice trick but a simple always break node would probably be faster, quicker and clearer.

If it existed of course! lol

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(1,251 Views)

@jacemdom wrote:

@jacemdom The use of 2 type assert nodes to always breakup the code. Nice trick but a simple always break node would probably be faster, quicker and clearer.

If it existed of course! lol

How about any function? Increment, Decrement, Add, Subtract, Multiply,etc. They all break when nothing is wired to it. Put one of those (unwired) in the last case, and I think you'll get the same effect?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(1,245 Views)