LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making pulse frequency measurements with NI USB-6356.

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author cbutcher

Some small modifications got me where I needed. An image of the VI and the VI are attached (although I moved to Freq rather than Pulse Freq, because for some reason I couldn't persuade DAQmx to accept a CI.PulseFreq.Input.Term (or whatever) input, and kept being told the property was not available...)

frequencyMeasurementMethod.png

GCentral
Message 11 of 15
(915 Views)

@NClark wrote:

Ok. Sorry for gubbing up your post, but this problem does interest me. For your buffered counter, I think I've found an example that might interest you. Can you look at "Counter (Buffered) - Continuous Output.vi" Its within the example programs that ship with LabVIEW.

Thanks for the effort anyway! I took a look at the example you mentioned, and in the process saw "Counter - Read Pulse Width and Frequency (Continuous)" which does basically the same as what I posted already. Shame I didn't see it earlier!

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(911 Views)

@NClark wrote:

...I've no idea what's going on in my current VI that is causing that measurement clipping, but...          I found the Voltage - Continuous Input example VI and so long as I have a good clock source, I can measure at greater than 1khz.

To nclark: did you get the issue with your real vi ironed out after referencing the example that worked for higher speed sampling?  If still struggling, start a new thread and post your vi, we can probably help.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(896 Views)

Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, due to the security at my workplace, I cannot post anything I write on my work machine to the internet. Its grounds for being fired, so I really don't want to do that. I need to rewrite everything at my work station from the ground up anyway. I've inherited a lot of my functions from previous engineers in my position, and close to everything written by them is less than functional.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(893 Views)

@NClark wrote:

less than functional.

That's a nice way to say something!

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(881 Views)