From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a Vi that plots points at x,y,z using a designated shape and color for each triplet (points)

Hi,

Probably because I didn't capture the all idea of 3D graphic in labview, I cannot find an easy way to plot a series of points in a 3D graphic with specified shap and color for each point. In my mind, the subvi will have 5 arrays for input: X,Y,Z,shape,color and will plot the points with shape(i), color(i) at x(i),y(i),z(i).

Any help will be most the welcome, I'm swamped !

Thanks

Olivier

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,100 Views)

You already asked this question: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Simple-xyz-coordonate-plot-of-points-with-specific-color-and/m-p/191...

And it was indicated the 3D graph did not support this.

Message 2 of 3
(2,095 Views)

...where i suggested using the Solar System example to start out.

Start out trying something simple based on the Solar System and if you get stuck post IMAGE of your CODE so we can help you figure it out.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,088 Views)