LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make tabs visible on button click?

Alright, so I've got a Tab Control on the Front Panel. I know that it is possible to make the tabs on the Tab Control invisible, or visible through a right-click menu option. However, I was wondering if it is possible to make the tabs' visibility togglable by a button press?

My project is that I have a Tab Control which is acting as a slideshow. Right now there are 12 tabs on the Tab Control and some code makes the Tab Control flip through each tab, each lasting on the screen for a few seconds at a time. That all works fine. But I've also included a 'Pause' button. When the user presses the button the slideshow stops. That works fine. Now, I would like for the tabs on the Tab Control to not appear until the user presses the Pause button. So before the press you have the flipping slideshow but can't see the actual named tabs at top. After the press the slide show stops and you can see the tabs. Sorry if I'm restating myself too much here. But that's the gist of it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,427 Views)

Use a property node.  Have your button execute an event case that changes the value of the node depending on the current value for the tab visibility.

Doug

"My only wish is that I am capable of learning each and every day until my last breath."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,416 Views)
Looking at the thread below this it shows how to hide a tab, do the opposite in a loop for all tabs.
/Y
G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,414 Views)